Origami Girl

Saturday 20 August 2011

In which I come back from the North

I haven’t posted in a few days because I have been having a mini-holiday with my parents. Im being terribly cheeky with my unemployed life because I am having another mini-holiday with my boyfriend next week.
With my parents I looked at castles and churches but also took them to a day at Edinburgh fringe. With the boy we are doing our whole holiday at the fringe. Do you know that means? Lots of theatre for me! Yes I am going back up to Edinburgh in a few days. I love it that much.
I blogged about the fringe a year ago last time we went together. The fringe is honestly my perfect holiday. My parents love to climb mountains and look at historic buildings which has a certain appeal, other people go and spend a week by a swimming pool sunbathing. The fringe is completely different. It is tons of theatre, music and exhibitions with street performances and amazing people all around you. I admit I wouldn’t do every holiday like this, it is very expensive and exhausting but so much fun!
I am very proud of my parents. We went for a day and managed to see 5 things! I even got to see Harry Baker, the amazing poet. Him and Scroobius Pip are my writing inspirations. I think I will do a longer Fringe focused blog when I get back next week picking out the best things seen overall.
I thought I would share a few photos of the set of castles we had a look at.
I have taken lots of photos of this castle (there are more on my computer) because part of it was falling away and it just looked so dramatic. An old castle is one thing, but an old castle held together by a few metal poles adds a little more excitment to historical tourism.
Well, I think it looks pretty epic anyway.
The one above is Edlingham Castle and the one below is Eatal Castle.
This is the castle on Holy Island/Lindisfarne.
Oh and now my boy is here when we go to Edinburgh he can also take outfit photos. Yay. I have a new skirt I am looking forward to putting pics of up.
P.S. At time of writing I still have the bee bow from my previous post if you are interested.

3 comments:

  1. fringe! yes! it's so strange to not be there this year. nice castles also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a lovely trip! The photos of those castles are very cool! I wish to visit sometime. :)

    Btw, if you want to join the Package Exchange, just click the banner and it will take you to a form page.

       ♥ Teresa ♥
    - Pretty Dandy -

    ReplyDelete