I'm back again, for my annual blog about cosplay. These days I have many other digital places I hang out in, but the blog has to be the spot to drop the Comic Con photos every year! This Spring I came as SheRa, Princess of Power from the new Netflix version of the show.
Highlights from the weekend:
- Being with friends all day for the whole thing, 2 days of fun and gushing over the other brilliant cosplayers. The buzz of the event is just amazing.
- One of the things I love most about cosplay is being someone's hero. My other favourite year was being Erza from Fairy Tail, and in both cases it's really magical when little kids are delighted to see you. I understand the appeal of being a Disneyland princess. So two of these were when I met a little SheRa cosplayer, maybe 4 or 5 who wanted a picture with me And when I let a tiny Rey cosplayer hold up my sword and shout "For the Honor of Greyskull!"
- Doing Best Friend Squad photos with a Glimmer and Bow cosplay pair from SheRa.
- Meeting a Catra who said "Heeeey Adoora..." every time she walked by, leaving me blushing, just like SheRa would.
- Taking selfies with a Kassandra cosplayer from Assassin's Creed Odyssey, my favourite game of the year. She looked absolutely perfect.
- Buying some awesome goodies for myself. My favourite being a set of Japanese teacups.
- The Cosplay Masquerade competition. I think this was the best year yet for it. In part because they didn't mess around, it was more tightly run, straight from one person to the next. They actually told you who won the competition too - before they kicked you out of the venue before the winner is announced by the judges. And finally because the winner was mind-blowingly incredible, and they came back out after the announcement and I got to see it up close. It was a bird costume unlike any other. 500 lights inside it. Shining with glitter.
Tom went as Cayde-6 from the game Destiny2. It's a perfectly spot on cosplay of the character!
|Did you think this was the game still?|
| This is the game still. That's the costume above.|
Finally, Andy as K'thriss Drow'b from the Dungeons and Dragons streamed show, "the C team, from Acquisitions Incorporated"
Oh, but here's me again, fighting Catra! You can find her on Instagram @tabby_in_wonderland
Creative Commons licensed photos used: