1. Really loving a new board game called Seasons. I've played it two weeks in a row at my board gaming club and it's next on my list to go in my collection. The game has some Magic: The Gathering elements, but adds in some beautiful dice and cute animal characters. It's strangely addictive and relatively short, whilst also being very strategic. When we get it I promise you some lovely pictures of all the interesting pieces.
2. Having ideas for writing a short story. I used to write all the time, always making up little stories as I lie in bed failing to get to sleep. Lately I've been making up a new tale in those quiet moments and I'm happy that there are still some stories in me after a long time of not feeling very creative in that direction.
3. Thinking about the concepts behind the justice system. I read a blog post and many articles following on that pointed out that the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' harms the victim a lot of the time, especially in rape or child abuse cases. Assuming the accused to be innocent, means the victim is often assumed to be lying. That in the court it is the accused who ends up in a position of power when a rape victim is the one who is cross-examined over their traumatic experience. I could go into a lot more detail about many incidents I'm reading about, but I don't feel this is the space for that. Enough to say, I'm thinking about this a lot.
4. Planning a trip to see The Light Princess, a musical play by Tori Amos that's on in London at the moment. Got some theatre vouchers for Christmas and we're planning a special night out, perhaps with time to visit the Hagen Das restaurant again.
5. Watching lots of Star Trek: Next Generation at the moment. Honestly not much better than Patrick Stewart to warm you up in winter evenings!