I apologise for the graininess of these photographs. I am not really sure what happened, but I didn't want to waste them. It seems like we got the focus all wrong. But hopefully the hat is alright. I have had this hat for years but I used to think it made me look like was going to a funeral in it and so only ever wore it to a costume party. However the hat is another part of my new year's resolution to use more of my wardrobe. It also looks quite good with a grungy look, smartening up torn band t-shirts with a nice hat. I hope to be wearing it a lot more from now on. I am really enjoying finding ways to wear clothes I had pushed aside.
So I got a blogger award. And it's the first time I've had one so I'm happy and want to do all of the things!
Instructions are to
- Nominate some other new bloggers
- Let them know you have nominated them
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award to your post
These are all great blogs that deserve some love. Please go check them out!
- Art, Clothes and Contemplations
- This is not the Six Word Novel.
- A Closet of Chaos
- The Taxonomy of my wardrobe
7 Random Facts About Me:
1. I believe in honour. I get a lot of this from ji'toh which is the code of honour followed by the Aiel people in the Wheel of Time books. I read them at a formative time in my life and the code of those people is stuck. There is a focus on shame and honour there and somehow this has absorbed into my brain and people actually hear me say 'It wouldn't be honourable.' I hate shame above most things. And my stubborn pride gets me into trouble. However, I am not like the Aiel people in having the ability to run through deserts or fight with a spear.
2. On my first date with my fiance we did the mentos and coke thing.
3. I collect comics. I am currently really into Fables, Saga and Fairest.
4. I have synesthesia with words and colours
5. I am ambidextrous. I do things with whichever hand I decide first. New things, like tennis or ironing come along I have to try it with both hands for ages. It makes using the Wii really difficult cause in new games I suck until I have figured out which way I do it. I write with my left hand though.
6. I am really good at Tetris
7. I really love to cook. Love experimenting and making delicious recipes and the satisfaction of feeding people and seeing them love it. Though sometimes I hate how stereotypically feminine that enjoyment is. Not like loving clothes or anything... uh.