Origami Girl

Tuesday 24 September 2013

In which I am always in love with Autumn



It has been far too long since I've had a chance to take outfit photos. The weather has been rainy and sad here, but at the weekend we finally had some sun. I love this outfit. I don't actually think the photos show it as well as I felt in it. I love the floaty skirt with the woolly jumper, the mix of textures, my comfy boots and my favourite hat. I think the problem is I am not that great at modelling! I need to take more care to do interesting poses! Autumn is my favourite time of year for my wardrobe. I love the hats, colourful rights, mustard yellows and dark reds. I've been really enjoying admiring, and pinning all the amazing outfits other bloggers are sharing at the moment. I also love Halloween and Guy Fawkes night and squash soup and pumpkin curry and drinking red wine. All things I would like lots of in my life in the next month!

In the rest of my life I've been saving Hyrule in Legend of Zelda, buying a new toy chest, and attending life drawing classes. More on those things to come. 

Outfit details
Hat: Charity shop
Jacket: XXI
Jumper: H&M
Skirt: Romwe
Boots: Office

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my post last week on the wedding. It has been so much fun going through them all again, and we just finished our adjustments to the album. I don't think I ever grow bored of looking at them. Although, I really miss Yorkshire and my parents at the moment. I wish I could take some time off again and leave the city for the hills. I've lived around London for a couple of years now, and no matter how nice our flat is, it somehow isn't as home as Wales or Yorkshire ever were.








I am totally living in this jumper at the moment. It's in one of my favourite colours and is so comfy. Expect to see a lot more of it during Autumn. In fact I am considering going back and buying another one in green.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic fall outfit. I like how well the galaxy skirt looks with more colder weather stylings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt has such a cool pattern and I love your purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duuuude, I love you for saying that you've been saving Hyrule! Zelda fans UNITE! (internet high fives you) (wait, no, internet high TEN! even better!).

    That skirt is way rad. Galaxy print skirts are something you can never go wrong with, especially when paired with a cute and cozy burgundy sweater such as that. Lookin' fierce, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the possibilities for autumn dressing too, and your jumper would look just perfect against the bowl of damsons on the table that just got turned into compote.
    Also, thank you so much for your comment and for for your own observations on my 'Gove' rant post. I grow pale and clench-jawed just saying his name...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're like autumn personified :) I love the outfit :) the burgundy sweater looks SO cozy!
    Keep in touch :) following you now!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the purse and the hat! Your style is unique, and I like that! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete