Origami Girl

Sunday 28 October 2012

In which I am designing my wedding invitations and squeeing

I am so excited about my wedding invitations. I am been feeling so creative making them today (and over several weeks, but I did loads today!) Wasn't sure whether to put them up as it might ruin the surprise for people who are going to be invited, but I am just so excited about how they are looking I really wanted to share. There is still lots to be done with them, like we are having a page which lists 'contents' and we have pictures of bride, groom and minister game pieces and such. Plus the inside pages which give the actual details. But I am so proud of the front page as it is. In case you missed the explanation before, the invite is meant to look like a board game instruction booklet as we are theming the wedding on toys/games. And it you have missed that we are into games then you should read some more of my blog! :P

I spent absolutely ages doing drawing after drawing of the two of us playing a game on the carpet. I was trying for realism at first and just never made us look right, but then I was actually inspired by something I had bookmarked on OffbeatBride from ages ago and imitated that style a little to make us go cartoon.
These guys were my inspiration: http://www.toastmonster.com/wedding-invites/wedding-invite-gallery-2/thankyou-card-2/

So I have screenshots of the stages!

Scanned in final drawing


Doing some editing up close
What it looks like after a bit of editing
Andy and I, all coloured in
And with our names and everything.

There is still looooads to do on the whole thing but that's where we are at now.
 But what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. How very ambitious of you to make your own wedding invitations, and they look like they're coming along beautifully!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply amazing, this is the coolest wedding invitation i have ever seen, if you give a little more touches to it i am sure it will become more appealing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete