Origami Girl

Wednesday 15 June 2011

In which I list the prettiest websites I procrastinate on

My list today is: Sites that I use just for the pictures.
It's partly a lie as I do read some stuff as well, but mostly the pictures then.
Here goes.
When I have spare time and no particular blogs to be reading I like to go on cosplay.com and search for books, films and anime that I love and just see if anything comes up. I once spent an hour going through all the characters in Super Smash Brothers. I love cosplay to bits. When done well it is breathtaking and beautiful. I have a few bits and pieces I have made myself and hope one day to go to a convention and swelter away all day like everyone else. If you go on the site I reccommend looking through photoshoots.

Anyone who knows me will know that I am obsessed with reading. I have read pretty much Linkevery children's book worth reading. That sounds boastful, but I have read over 250 on the 'Children's Books to Read Before You Grow Up' list if you want evidence and I've read more than that.
Anyhow, I am a bit prissy when it comes to books. I like them to be treated properly, kept in height order or some other logical system on a book case with the only ornaments near them ones that compliment the books. I feel kind of uncomfortable in a house where people have the Harry Potter books kept out of sequence. A site like this one makes me very happy. All of these people clearly care about books.

I have been reading this site for a couple of years now and it is influencing my life in terrible ways. The website features unusual 'off-beat' weddings and wedding ideas. They are splendid and filled with happiness. The site always makes me smile because it is filled with photos of happy people in love and cool and quirky ideas and ways they show that love. On the other hand though it was recently pointed out to me that it may be making me judgemental. I have read all these horror stories of wedding planners refusing to help someone because they had blue hair or walked with a cane and have scorned that judgementalism, but I have begun to expect off-beat from other weddings or at least some little tradition rebellion somewhere. I'm glad that it has been pointed out because now I can obsess over traditional and unusual weddings and make sure I have no expectations either way!
Oh and the other reason I have been on this site. My very close friend got married recently. Her wedding was definately cool -she had a bouncy castle and not a kid in sight. Need I say more?

4. I ran out of time. Sorry guys! Got to go to work tomorrow... I mean save the world right.

1 comment:

  1. That off beat bride website facinates me... At 17 years old I have an unhealthy obsession with all things wedding. Most of my sundays are spent on the WE network...ha.

    ReplyDelete